Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

One more exhibition for Ronald Searle's 90th!


Robert Forbes' gallery in New York is re-staging it's 2007 Searle retrospective to tie in with the release of 'Let's Have A Bite!' -the 2nd volume of Forbes' poetry for children illustrated by Searle.  The show will consist of the drawings from the new book and also the collection of Robert and Lydia Forbes.
 I'll try to get to NYC myself before next March but if anyone visits the show please send in a report or pictures.

The exhibition runs in the Carrère Gallery September 1, 2010 - March 12, 2011

"Let's Have a Bite! A Banquet of Beastly Rhymes" was released September 16th in the US market and 7th October in the UK by Duckworth Publishers.







The original drawings from the first book 'Beastly Feasts' will be on display at the Nassau County Museum of Art from September 25, 2010 through January 9, 2011 with a reading of Beastly Feasts! and Author signing on Friday, November 12 at 4 p.m.
Publishing house OverLook Press feature the new book on their blog with a link to a Wall Street Journal artcicle on Mr Forbes.


"Mr. Forbes said he contacted Mr. Searle, who lives in the south of France, and whose work he collects, out of the blue, fully prepared to be rejected, but figuring it couldn't hurt to ask. But Mr. Searle said yes. "I'll write a couple of lines about the poem," Mr. Forbes said of their collaborative process, "and a month or two later back this package comes with all these illustrations. It's like a little boy opening a Christmas present. . . And the poems keep coming. The drawings too. Last month the 90-year-old Mr. Searle delivered five more. "I've got at least two more books done by him," Mr. Forbes said. "I have no idea whether my publisher will do it—but I don't care."




I've added material to the following sections:

Advertising Part 1
Advertising Part 2
Punch French theatre

1 comment:

Uli Meyer said...

Tell me when you're going, I'll see you there!